What we have that we can all see that justice is being done – essentially procedural fairness in the legal system.
The most important concepts are the right to a fair hearing, and that people are innocent until proven guilty.
- Appeals system
- Right to legal representation (Dietrich 1992)
- Right to trial by jury (their peers)
- Habeas Corpus — present the body — must be brought before a magistrate within 24 hours of arrest
- Fairness and Equality before the law
- Beyond reasonable doubt, or on the balance of probability.